Ruth wants to escape the boredom of Bandit Creek and the strict expectations of her father, the local pastor. Her life changes the day she meets CeeCee, a world-wise flapper, and an irresistible attraction develops between them. She’ll be disowned and shunned if anyone discovers their prohibited passion, but can they keep their growing affection a secret?
CeeCee is drawn to Ruth, but things become complicated when her gangster companion disapproves of their liaison. He’s in town to broker a deal with the owner of the local speakeasy, and he’s not above using them to further his own plans. Can CeeCee protect Ruth and their budding relationship?
As Ruth gets drawn further into their world, she must decide between her familiar life and a new, dangerous path with the woman she loves.
Read the first chapter here.
Publicity and reviews for PROHIBITED PASSION
- Bandit Creek Books: On PROHIBITED PASSION, January 10, 2012
- Tiffany Reisz’s Storytime Blog, January 12, 2012
- Grit City Publications’ Blog: Public Enemy #1 – Gangsters as Inspiration, January 15, 2012
- Interview & Giveaway on MyBookAddictionsAndMore.com, January 19, 2012
- Review on My Book Addiction Reviews, January 19, 2012
- Bandit Creek Books: 30 Days of Secrets, January 29, 2012
- Roxanne’s Realm Tour Post, February 6, 2012
- Fiction Fascination, February 6, 2012
- Lisa’s World of Books, On Writing Necessities, February 7, 2012
- The Creatively Green Write at Home Blog, The Research Involved With Writing, February 8, 2012
- Words of Wisdom From the Scarf Princess, The History of Prohibition, February 9, 2012
- Fangtastic Books, Character Interview with CeeCee, February 10, 2012
- The Bornean Bookworm, Writing About Reading, February 10, 2012
- Reading Lark After Dark, Interview, February 11, 2012
- A Chick Who Reads, Book Review, February 12, 2012
- Babbling About Books (KT Grant), Prohibition in 1929: Why F/F?, February 13, 2012
- Black Velvet Seductions, Prohibition Squared, March 24, 2012
- Book Babe: Book Hits and Misses, Review, April 8, 2012