Visiting my blog today is the awesome Kerry Freeman, author of the upcoming m/m contemporary baseball romance, Pine Tar & Sweet Tea. I asked Kerry about her favourite baseball film, and she has obliged (especially after I admitted I’d never seen it. Oops.)
Here’s the blurb for her book, and scroll down to read her post!
After playing eleven years in the Minor Leagues, Coach Matt Hawley has returned to his tiny Alabama hometown to lead his old high school baseball team to their first state championship. At the other end of the state, René Días, who left the Major League after one season, is getting his team ready to defend their state title for the second straight year. One is in the closet. The other is between relationships. Neither has any intention of hooking up at the state tournament.
Then they see each other.
Pre-game lust turns into an intense one-night stand neither man can forget, and when their best friends embark on a romance, Matt and René are thrown together again. This time they decide it won’t be for just a single night.
But the fear of disappointing his minister father and shaming his family forces Matt to keep one foot in the closet, even as he and René find their lust is maybe something more. Will Matt endure a life of hiding or will he surrender and become free?
Why Crash Davis Is the Perfect Romantic Hero
Recently, I was shocked to learn that not everyone has watched Bull Durham. *cough*Alyssa*cough* It is not just the Best Baseball Movie Ever (TM), but it also features one Crash Davis, the perfect romantic hero. And I am ready to back up that statement.
1. He is flawed. Oh, God, but is he flawed. He drinks too much. He fights too much. He’s a smartass. (Although I don’t necessarily consider that a flaw.) Besides, perfect people are boring.
2. But he tries. He’s been in the minor leagues for 12 years. His body has taken its share of abuse. Still, when he’s asked to go to single-A ball to train a young pitching phenom, he does. Because he’s a ball player, and that’s what true ball players do.
3. He wants the girl, but he won’t make a fool of himself to get her. He makes it clear what he wants and waits for her to choose. Because he knows she’s gonna choose him. Eventually. Right?
4. He has a way with words. And boy does he.
5. When things don’t go his way, he creates a new path. I don’t want to spoil the end of the movie. Let’s just say Crash doesn’t drown in circumstance. He takes action.
So, go rent the movie. Don’t make me wag my finger at you. *cough*Alyssa*cough*
Thank you Alyssa for having me on your blog! And everyone, please visit the tour kickoff post (http://kerryfreeman.com/2012/10/pine-tar-sweet-tea-virtual-tour-kickoff/) to enter the super-duper tour giveaway.
Buy Pine Tar & Sweet Tea, at: Amazon, Loose Id, ARe.
Kerry was born and raised in Alabama, and she grew up swearing she was going to get the hell out of Dodge the instant she could. Turns out Dodge ain’t so bad, and she never left. Alabama’s version of a city girl, she married a country boy, and the adorkable couple lives in a small town with their two socially awkward dogs.
Kerry loves to write about love, and it turns out most of the voices in her head are men. She also loves to write about the South, so most of her stories end up there, one way or another.
A tomboy and a geek from way back, Kerry has a day job but dreams she will one day write full time. She has a weakness for yaoi, Japanese stationery, YA, and ginger-haired singers from Britain. She owns an impressive t-shirt collection. Nowaki & Hiroki are her homeboys.
- Website: http://kerryfreeman.com/
- Blog: http://blog.kerryfreeman.com/
- Monthly Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/pkZ95
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kfwritesbooks
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/authorkerryfreeman
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4759363.Kerry_Freeman
Thanks so much! Now go watch the movie 😉
It’s on my list 🙂
Pingback: The Pine Tar & Sweet Tea Virtual Book Tour is coming to a blog near you | Kerry Freeman
Gotta go dig out the VHS player, I think. I remember my best friend took a college class where they showed BULL DURHAM, and she said everyone was taking notes on the final sex scene. I always liked that anecdote.
Oh, yeah, when he finally gets the girl… *swoon*
Congrats on your new release! Don’t be mad…but I’ve never seen this movie either! Sports aren’t my thing and neither are sports movies! But I definitely would have seen if it the MCs fell in love!
You should try this one. The sports scenes are infused with lots of humor, and even my brother, who hates sports on principle, laughed 🙂
Haha.. I shall look for this movie at blockbuster, I hope I find it cuz I really wanna watch it now. lol..
Fun post! and once again congrats on your release! >__<
Thank you! Hope you found the movie and were able to watch it 🙂
Pingback: Tour wrap-up and giveaway winner | Kerry Freeman