I’ve always made up stories in my head. Sometimes I wrote them down on paper, sometimes I didn’t.
I’d best introduce myself. I live in Calgary, AB Canada. I read a great deal, write every day (almost), and I like spending time with my cats, my family and my friends. I probably spend way too much time online, but I can’t help myself.
If I’m not writing, you’ll probably find me with my nose in a book (or rapidly clicking through pages on my e-reader). I like most genres, but I have a fondness for the novels and journals of Simone de Beauvoir. I admire her determination, especially in an era when all women were really expected to do was get married and have children. I’m still working my way through THE SECOND SEX, but I’ve re-read ALL MEN ARE MORTAL and SHE CAME TO STAY several times each. Her account of her journey through the United States in AMERICA DAY BY DAY was fascinating as well. Eventually I’m going to learn French and be able to read her work in the original.
I am an editor with Novel Needs, a full-service indie publishing shop.
Need a promotional biography? Here it is:
Alyssa Linn Palmer is a Canadian writer and freelance editor. She splits her time between a full-time day job, and her part-time loves, writing and editing. Her novella PROHIBITED PASSION and short story BETTING THE FARM are available as ebooks. Her short story VEE is a part of the charity anthology FELT TIPS, released December 2012. She’s currently working on two new projects, one of which is a novel set during the gangster heyday in Chicago in 1925. You can find her online at www.alyssalinnpalmer.com, or on Twitter @alyslinn.
I’ve written guest posts for the following blogs:
- Grit City Publications: “Immerse fully, then wring dry” (November 7, 2011)
- Grit City Publications: “Public Enemy #1: Gangsters as Inspiration” (January 15, 2012)
- Black Velvet Seductions: “Prohibition as Metaphor” (March 24, 2012)
- Guys Like Romance, Too!: “Let the Roaring 20’s Roar!” (May 3, 2012)
- Kerry Freeman’s blog (for Wordy Wednesday): Butt in chair, I need to be there! (September 26, 2012)
- The Lesbian Fiction Appreciation Event 2013: The Year of Lesbian Fiction (January 9, 2013)
- Bandit Creek Books: On PROHIBITED PASSION (Jan 10 2012)
- Author Jenny Lyn’s blog: FELT TIPS erotica anthology promo (September 10, 2012)